Friday, November 14, 2008

6 WK Post Op Check up! [Edit Post]

So I saw the surgeon on Wed. I didn't have any real news to post so I didn't. She's not a bit concerned about me NOT losing anymore weight. I mean I know I lost 27lbs within the first month. But now, nothing for nearly 3 wks. I go up and down 2-4lbs. I think it's too early to plateau. She did say that I'm only getting in about 50% of the protein I need to get in daily. Honestly, that's on a good day. She also recommended I eat protein all day long everytime I can. I still cannot tolerate the protein drinks. So this is very hard. I feel so full like a stuffed pig!!! The bloating kinda came back yesterday. The Dr. put me on my final stage ( stage 4 ) diet which is pretty much where I'll be for the rest of my life. So I got brave yesterday and had about 1t. full of egg with chorizo ( I removed all the oil as it cooked ) with a 4" corn torilla with cheese. I couldn't get that down. I felt bloated. So at lunch I shared a 4" soft pork taco with my DH. I couldnt get much down then either. Last night for DH's bday we went to Italian I had a piece of Chicken Carbonara, 1t of some creamy potato and spinach soup. I got most of the piece of chicken down. But later last night I was really bloated. I got up bloated and have been so all day. Oh and when you're bloated drinking is very hard. I NEED the fluid I know that. So today, I've had cheese, that same soup from last night & some turkey with gravy and about 2t of plain mashed potatoes ( sorry but I'm so tired of protein ). How do I feel? B-L-O-A-T-E-D!!!