Thursday, January 8, 2009

Every day you can learn something new.

What I learned today is something I've known for a while. Compliments and I are not friends. I try really hard to not look frumpy no matter what I've weighed. I don't think I've always suceeded but I've tried. So today I was told by a dear and good friend, to stop. Stop what? Here's the example. I've lost 77lbs to date. If someone compliments me I find the negative in it. If they say I look good I follow that up with something bad, just so they know I'm not snowing myself that I'm aware I'm not perfect. The part that struck me was that those who compliement me almost always will say it out of kindness, I minimize their compliments by adding the negative ant that could make them feel bad. THAT'S NOT MY INTENT. I'm sorry to any one that I've offended in this manner. I work hard to keep up my appearance and I thank you for noticing. Pardon me for being so selfish to not accept your compliment more gracefully! I will work on it.

For those who check daily-- no loss today! But it's coming soon!!!!